GreenScreenŽ Revive Roller Shade Fabric Achieves Cradle to CradleŽ Certification
09 October, 2011
TORONTO (October 2011) — Hunter Douglas Contract's GreenScreen® Revive fabric received Cradle to Cradle CertificationCM at the Silver level from MBDC. The high-performance roller shade fabric is made with PVC-free polyester using 89% recycled Repreve® fibers. Each yard of GreenScreen Revive fabric uses 11 post-consumer bottles.
To earn Cradle to Cradle certification, GreenScreen Revive had to possess the following characteristics:
- Material health: safe and healthy for humans and environment
- Material reutilization: material contains recycled and recyclable content
- Renewable energy use: commitment to use renewable sources of energy during the manufacturing process
- Water stewardship: ensure clean water leaves the factory after production
- Social responsibility: practice business in a way that respects the health, safety, and rights of people and the planet
The fabric contains a minimum of 89% Repreve fibers, which are made from 100% recycled materials, a combination of post-industrial and post-consumer plastic waste. In comparison with virgin polyester, Repreve fibers reduce energy consumption by over 6%, water consumption by nearly 50%, and greenhouse gas emissions by over 34%. The Repreve yarn has the same performance as virgin polyester and nylon fibers.
“Adding GreenScreen Revive fabric to our extensive selection of innovative roller shade fabrics extends our commitment to produce high-quality products that deliver significant environmental benefits,” said Rich Ries, General Manager, Hunter Douglas Contract Window Coverings.
GreenScreen Revive fabric will be on display at the MBDC booth during the Greenbuild show (MBDC booth #6926S). MBDC is a consulting firm that helps companies implement Cradle to Cradle design principles to have a positive impact on people, planet, and profits.
- Cradle to Cradle CertifiedCM
- 89% recycled polyester content – one yard of GreenScreen Revive fabric uses 11 post-consumer bottles
- 100% recyclable
- Available in 1% and 5% openness
- Eight colors
- Fabric width: 118”
- Excellent solar control capabilities; reduces glare and solar heat gain
- Fire Retardant (NFPA 701, CSFM Title 19)
- Low-VOCs -- GREENGUARD Children & SchoolsSM certified
- RoHS Compliant (free of heavy metals)
- Made in the USA
GreenScreen® Revive Process