Skylight Tension Systems
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- Caribbean Islands
- Puerto Rico
Please select desired state.
Thank you for your information. We will be in touch with you shortly.
There was an issue with saving your request, please try again.
Shading with Tension, at Ease
Engineered for peace of mind, our Skylight Tension Shades deliver flat, taut shading panels in a wide range of horizontal shading applications. Consult with us to design a system for skylights, bottom-up applications, or even exterior conditions.
The key feature of our skylight tension shades is the single-motor mechanism, which reduces system complexity and improves overall reliability.
- Innovative tensioning system adjusts automatically to keep shades taut across longer spans
- Exclusive single motor drives and motor coupling tension systems reduce installation costs, controllers and wiring
- Coupling of two tension systems through a single motor reduces cost
- Available dual-shade systems make it possible to create solutions that combine both translucent and blackout shades
- Specifically designed for Skylights and custom glazing applications
- The same high powered motors and flexible control options available on our regular motorized shades are standard on all specialty systems
- Similar to a standard Motorized shaded system in appearance, the Skylight Tension System can be mounted in conjunction with standard shade installations in vertical windows
- All hardware is contained within the channel extrusions leaving no exposed components and providing a clean appearance
- Our unique tension system is designed to operate with only one motor. There is no requirement for a second motor which “draws” the shade across, reducing wiring and control costs
- Automatic tensioning of the fabric expansion and contraction rates
- Virtually unlimited in shape and size of system. We are able to produce trapezoidal, triangular, horizontal, inclined, and sloped shades as easily as any standard system
- Our standard variety of hembars are available, providing a similar appearance to motorized shades
- Numerous control options available
- Drawings and technical information for our custom skylight systems are provided based on your specific project requirements. For more on our standard tension skylight, check out our TZ100 Zipper Tension System
Standard fabrics and colors have a 3-4 week lead time.
* Fabrics and colors shown with an asterisk (*) have a 4-6 week lead time.
NOTE: Color and fabric images are for illustration purposes only. For accurate specification, please request product samples.
E Screen 7501
E Screen 7503
E Screen 7505
E Screen 7510
M Screen 8503
M Screen 8505
M Screen Deco™ 5%
Below you will find drawings of our standard TZ100 Zipper Tension Skylight Shades. For custom Skylight Tension Systems, drawings are provided based on the project requirements. Please contact the Regional Sales Manager in your area to discuss.
The general well-being of a building's occupants contributes to the cost benefit of sustainable design. Hunter Douglas' overall shading strategy addresses daylighting, glare control, management of heat gain and general aesthetics. Each plays a key role in improving indoor environmental quality, conserving energy and supporting built environments that are comfortable, healthy, productive, and sustainable.
U.S. Green Building Council
As a Silver Member, Hunter Douglas Architectural is proud to partner with USGBC - a global movement of professionals, businesses, innovators and community leaders - in working to accomplish a single bold vision: healthy, efficient and equitable buildings and communities for all.