Offering powerful, whisper-quiet operation, Hunter Douglas’ motorized shades bring the ease of use and reliability that has garnered international respect for the brand. The operating system uses Whisper HDC 100S motors for 156” wide shades and Whisper HDC 200S motors for heavy-duty, 240” wide shades. The motors allow for intermediate stops, group control and timer controls that can send status reports to update shade positioning for ultimate precision. A versatile, new control allows the shades to integrate with any other automated and/or building management systems, making it ideal for both new construction and retrofits.
Architects and designers find that Whisper Motors™ is an innovative addition to the Hunter Douglas window shading system, as it has several features that positively affect user interface and shading design.
- Quiet Operation: The motors are tested to operate below the level of quiet office conversation.
- Power: Standard motors can operate shades up to 240" wide and 144" in height. Solutions for larger shades are also available.
- Versatility: The motors were designed with best-in-class control boards that integrate with a wide range of other systems via dry contact, serial, or other protocols.
- Convenience: Motorized shades are easy to operate. It is possible to open or close multiple shades with the touch of a switch, or the click of a mouse.
- Automation: Research shows that automated sun-tracking shades enable energy savings from lighting and HVAC systems by maximizing control of glare and solar heat gain.
- Oversize Shades: Motorized systems are a good option for shading large windows, as the weight of an oversized shade can make it hard to operate.
- Design Customization: Hundreds of fabric options are available for motorized roller shades, in addition to aluminum horizontal blinds, and Silhouette® and Vignette® shadings, which all allow for light and glare management.