- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- Caribbean Islands
- Puerto Rico
Please select desired state.
Thank you for your information. We will be in touch with you shortly.
There was an issue with saving your request, please try again.
Set Sail with Design
Using compelling swoops, free-hanging "clouds," or unique counterweights, our sail shades establish an aesthetic signature for atrium spaces and skylights of any dimension or height. A selection of durable fabrics control glare and solar heat gain while diffusing and optimizing daylighting throughout an environment.
Our engineers create and test our sail-shade systems specifically for the needs of each project. This detailed approach results in a custom solution constructed from proven fabrics and components.
- Designed to meet the requirements of a space
- Reduces glare and solar heat gain
- Diffuses light and increases natural daylight, depending on application and installation
- Our engineering expertise ensures effective and reliable shading
- Designed to provide distinct light control and diffusion
- Custom engineered for even the largest, most difficult applications
- Free-hanging Fixed Shades
- Shade clouds that diffuse sunlight, eliminating glare and enhancing daylight
- Counter-weight Systems
- Dramatically draped shades that utilize hanging weights to facilitate operation
- Tension and Suspension Systems
- Designed specifically to integrate with the skylight system
- Fixed or operable suspension systems provide custom solar control alternatives for architects and designers
NOTE: Color and fabric images are for illustration purposes only. For accurate specification, please request product samples.
Click on fabric to view colorways and specifications.
The general well-being of a building's occupants contributes to the cost benefit of sustainable design. Hunter Douglas' overall shading strategy addresses daylighting, glare control, management of heat gain and general aesthetics. Each plays a key role in improving indoor environmental quality, conserving energy and supporting built environments that are comfortable, healthy, productive, and sustainable.
U.S. Green Building Council
As a Silver Member, Hunter Douglas Architectural is proud to partner with USGBC - a global movement of professionals, businesses, innovators and community leaders - in working to accomplish a single bold vision: healthy, efficient and equitable buildings and communities for all.